Saturday, June 14, 2014

65 And Holding........................

So today I turned 65!  That in and of itself is not that spectacular as people turn 65 everyday.........however, most people actually look forward to being 65 years old......I am not one of those people.  I milked yesterday for all it was worth.......I tried to stretch out the last day of being 64 as far as I could, but no matter what I did, midnight still reared its' ugly head and viola.....65 years showed up just like that at 12:01 A.M.!  In reflection, the last 64 years have been good to me.  The trials, tribulations, celebrations, and blessings, have actually helped me become the person I am today.  I am humbled knowing that I am not perfect, that I still have room to grow, that I still have paths ahead of me that will test me as well as bless me,  and that like everyone else who turns 65, the aging process will continue.  My goals for the next 65 years are different than those of the first 65 years.......... As we age our perspectives, priorities, and attitudes change.  I will do my best to live each day to the fullest, be more accepting of others, reach out to those that need help, and continue to grow spiritually, mentally, and emotionally, and along the way strengthen my relationships with others . Doing these things is not so much for me as it is for those I care so much about............and that pretty much includes everyone and not just my family or those on my "Friends" list!   I am blessed to have a life partner and my Best Friend to take this journey with me, and Jim and I both look forward to more travel, more adventures, more conversation and much laughter for years to come! Maybe 65 isn't so bad after all.........................

"People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel"  Maya Angelou

We are spending the last few days of our two month journey at Breaux Bridge, LA.  We are at an RV park that provides peace and quiet, opportunities to meet new people as well as being in an area of the southern states that is rich in history and Cajun food!  Breaux Bridge is a quaint town -  a lot bigger now than when we first began stopping here many years ago - that is full of specialty shops, cafes, zydeco music and friendly people.  Swamp tours and alligator meat as well as boudin and etouffee are what's on the menu here!

Here are a few pictures for your perusal:

RV Park
 

 Breaux Bridge
 
Swamp Picture

The Evangeline Tree - St. Martinsville
 Some of the local "Flavor"

Sugar Cane Fields
 
Can you find the "Turtle"?
 
How about now?

No comments:

Post a Comment