Saturday, April 21, 2012

Day 30 - Good Day,Bad Day.........

It is hard to believe we have been on the road for a month now!  Time certainly does fly when you are having fun!  We've traveled many miles, met new people, made new friends,  and have seen parts of the United States we have never seen before!  We feel blessed to be able to have this experience!  We appreciate everyone's support and comments to our blog!

Today we headed back to Sand Island and immediately went to the North shore of the Island as recommended by seasoned sea glass collectors.  There is an area that still has some remnants of an old dump right along the shoreline.  We did find some pieces of glass that we have not come across in previous hunts, but again, with the exception of two pieces, it was not an impressive hunt today.  The area has been pretty much picked over.........

We did get to see two large cruise ships docked at the pier in Wakiki, as well as a large freighter.  There was also one out in the open water waiting for their turn to dock.  A very busy port to say the least!

When we finished collecting sea glass, we left the beach and went to a picnic table in the park to relax  and get the sand off our feet. I checked my phone for messages, took a couple of pictures with my camera and then we headed back to the car.  When we got to the car, I realized I did not have my phone with me and immediately ran back to the picnic table and to my dismay, my phone was gone! (We're talking about maybe 100 yards from the picnic table to the car and maybe five minutes passage of time)  I spoke to several people in the area and they said they thought that they saw someone in the area shortly after we had left, and pointed out an individual walking the beach that they thought might have seen the phone or possibly picked it up!  A woman on a mission I became,  and ran the beach until I caught up with the man, but he did not have my phone.......Jim and I back tracked our steps several times to and from the car and picnic table to no avail.  Needless to say, that put an abrupt end to the plans for the afternoon and I spent my time at the AT&T store getting a new phone and shutting off the lost phone.  The phone has now been disabled but I have lost all my contact information and all my photos saved in the phone.  I am just sick about this! The bad part is that Jim has an el-cheapo phone for emergencies only,  but he had not entered any contact numbers for anyone in his phone!  I had to call my personal assistant -LOL-  (my sister June) and ask her to go to my house and see if she could find some numbers for me.  Then I  got on FB and asked all my friends and family to call me or email me so I could get their numbers and other pertinent information.  It will take me forever to get everything back into my phone!  I think I feel better now, thanks for listening! :)

Here are a few pictures from the day - tomorrow we will meet with Jeremy and spend some time with him.  He has been in training this week and will be in training next week as well, so our time with him has been limited, but good quality time!

Aloha!


Freighter at the docks - they were unloading cars from the stern of the ship as we took this picture




Carnival Cruise Ship at dock



Aloha Tower



 Princess Cruise Ship at Dock


View of Diamondhead and Wakiki Beach from Sand Island




A surprise guest at the rental house



These three piece are actually pottery pieces - very shiny and nice patina



Some of today's browns and whites




Variation on some green pieces found today



Piece of McNicol China - Circa 1940





Beautiful Blue Piece - This is a nice piece with a wonderful patina!
I was standing in the waves and it hit me in the ankle and I had to chase after it!


JIm found this piece of clear glass - it appears to be a piece of a clear plate. 
It is very smooth and also has a nice patina to it - the pictures don't really do the glass justice!


Today's winning pieces of sea glass!




No comments:

Post a Comment